Below is an overview of the media requirements.
Please remove the following before uploading any media:
- Agency Credits
- Individual Credits
- Agency Logos
NOTE: All medium types require an image to be uploaded to the entry in order to submit payment
Required Spec for Image Uploads:
If the work requires multiple images, each image must be uploaded as a separate JPEG.
In the case that your entry is awarded a statue, the JPEG will be used as a thumbnail on the Winner’s Page on the Clio website.
Required Spec for Video Uploads:
- Resolution: 640 x 480 (minimum)
- File Type: mp4
- Compression: h264
- Sound: AAC 44khz
- File Size: Up to 500 MB
All bars, slates and black must be removed from videos.
Please see the Film medium for further information.
All entries must be submitted as a video upload. Clio will not accept CD’s/DVD’s.
Required Spec for PDF Uploads:
- File Size: Up to 50 MB
- PDFs can be either single page or multiple pages. We suggest that some entries such as Design may submit a whole brochure to show covers and spreads.
- PDFs do not need to be 300dpi resolution. We suggest using Adobe's 'Reduced Size PDF' feature when saving your file for upload. This will provide your PDF with greater quality for judging and will increase your upload speed.
Required Spec for MP3 uploads:
- File type: .mp3
- Sampling rate: 44 KHz (44,100 Hz)
- Bit rate: 196 KB/s (maximum)
- Sound: Stereo
- File size: up to 50 MB
URLs are optional to submit in the Branded Content, Branded Entertainment, Digital/Mobile, Digital/Mobile Technique, Integrated Campaign and Social Media medium types.
Required Spec for URL:
- Entrants must keep the URL accessible online for judging through September 15, 2017.
- Please provide any required usernames and/or passwords for the URL.
- Please do not have the case study video within the URL. All videos must be uploaded to the CLIO Awards website.
Physical entry requirements vary by program.
Campaign entries consist of 2 or more pieces. Each piece within a campaign requires an individual entry form to be completed (including individual uploaded media and payment).
How to Enter a Campaign
- First, select the entry form for the medium you wish to enter. On the entry form, select “Yes” to “Enter as part of a campaign (2 or more ads)?”
- Enter the campaign name and complete the entry form.
- Once completed, select “Next”. On your Pending Entries Page, click “Copy” for your recently completed entry. This will prompt another entry form to appear pre-populated with the information entered on the first campaign entry with the exception of the title (which you will select for each individual piece of the campaign).
- Repeat this process for every additional piece of a campaign.
- Lastly, you will need to upload media for each piece of the campaign.
Campaign Eligible Mediums:
This will vary by program.