After a very successful six weeks, this past Saturday marked the last session of the educational program for students to learn more about entertainment marketing and the art of trailer making presented by Clio Entertainment, Spark, and Film2Future. For six weekend mornings, over a hundred high school students and members of the trailer community gathered on Zoom as top trailer houses presented a behind-the-scenes look at one of their recent campaigns. Read about the kick-off industry panel here, the first two masterclasses here and check out below for a recap of the last three:
Week three of the series was hosted by Buddha Jones and participants included:
- Meko Winbush, Editor, Buddha Jones
- Joshua Rogers, Head of TV/Streaming, Buddha Jones
- Andrew Goulet, Producer, Buddha Jones
- Mike Brodner, Editor, Buddha Jones
- Billy Massung, Editor, Buddha Jones
- Moderator: Dana Flowers, EVP, Global Creative Advertising, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Moderator: Bridgette Wright: VP, Global Creative Advertising, Sony Pictures Entertainment
The Buddha Jones team presented their trailer for Disney+’s THE MANDALORIAN.
The team spoke about what it was like to work on the Star Wars franchise and a show with such an energetic fan base. They also presented their mini trailer for Film2Future student Dylan Broom’s film THREE HUNDRED BUCKS.
Week four of the series was hosted by Grandson and participants included:
- Gabe Goldstein, Associate Creative Director/ Editor, Grandson
- Rachel Joynes, Executive Producer, Grandson
- Rich Costales, Associate Creative Director/ Editor, Grandson
- Megyn Cawley, Associate Creative Director/ Editor, Grandson
- Moderator: Stephanie Allen, EVP, Visual Effects, Paramount Pictures
The Grandson team presented their Clio Entertainment-winning work for Warner Brother’s A STAR IS BORN.
The team spoke about working on a new version of film and story that has been told many times before and how they highlighted the amazing musical performances of Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper in their marketing campaign. They also presented their mini trailer for Film2Future student Cheyenne Williams’ film BELONGING.
Week five of the series was hosted by Motive and Rogue Planet and participants included:
- Mary Miazgowicz, Graphics Creative Director, Motive
- Taylor Engel, Senior Editor, Motive
- Chris Connors, Creative Director/ Copywriter, Motive
- Jacky Shu, Owner/CEO, Rogue Planet
- Ben Snyder, Owner/CCO, Rogue Planet
- Moderator: Ashley Falls, Director, Clio Entertainment
The Motive team presented their trailer for Lionsgate’s KNIVES OUT.
The team spoke about the impressive graphics work in the piece and the different music cues they tried after their first choice was no longer available. The team from Rogue Planet also presented their mini trailer for Film2Future student Joel Al Hassanieh’s film RASHA.
Thank you so much to all the participating agencies for sharing their expertise, time, and energy in support of Film2Future students and the wider trailer community.
Be sure to learn more about the incredible work Film2Future is doing here and there’s still time to donate to support making the future of the entertainment industry a more diverse and equitable place.