Student Film Craft
Entries in this medium include technique and craft/skills used in the execution of Film content.
See previous award winners in this medium here
A student is defined as someone who is enrolled (full or part-time) in a recognized film school program or an accredited college or university. The work submitted by a student must have been produced during their enrollment, and within the period of January 1, 2019 - July 17, 2020.
- Public Service
- Animation – Entries in this category include the technique of photographing successive drawings or positions of puppets or models to create an illusion of movement when shown as a sequence.
- Cinematography – Entries in this category are for the art, process, or job of filming motion picture photography.
- Copywriting - Entries in this category are for the writing of copy.
- Direction – Entries in this category are for the completed vision of the director and the work’s ability to exhibit creativity and innovation.
- Editing – Entries in this category are for use of the art, technique, and practice of assembling shots into a coherent sequence.
- Music - Adapted – Entries in this category should include a commissioned re-working of an existing piece of material, be it public domain or licensed.
- Music - Licensed – Entries in this category should include music that has been used straight from the master recording. This can be edited but should not have been re-arranged.
- Music - Original – Entries in this category are for music tracks which have been commissioned and composed specially for the entry. This does not include arrangements of any sort, as that is covered by Music - Adapted. This also does not include any material that is in the public domain.
- Sound Design – Entries in this category are for the process of specifying, acquiring, manipulating or generating audio elements included in video or motion graphics. It may include music as part of the sound design.
- Visual Effects – Entries in this category are for the processes by which imagery is created and/or manipulated outside the context of a live action shot.
Entry Fee: $150
This medium type is eligible for campaign entries.
- Campaigns consist of 2 or more pieces in the same medium and category.
- Each piece within a campaign requires an individual entry form to be completed (including individual uploaded media and payment).
For details on the specific media requirements please see the Media Requirements section.
For judging purposes, please submit your entry in English. Non-English entries must be dubbed in English. In addition, you must also provide an English translation in the “English-Language Translation” box on the entry form.