Student Film Craft
Entries in this medium include technique and craft/skills used in the execution of film content.
See previous award winners in this medium here
A student is defined as someone who is enrolled (full or part-time) in a recognized film school program or an accredited college or university. The work submitted by a student must have been produced during their enrollment, and within the period of August 1, 2022 - February 23, 2024.
- Public Service
- Animation – Entries in this category include the technique of manipulating images, figures and/or text frame by frame. This includes, but is not limited to stop motion, motion graphics, 2D animation, 3D animation, etc.
- Casting/Performance – Entries in this category are for the casting of film advertising and scripted performances, where the acting of a particular performer is integral in the advancement of the film content piece.
- Cinematography – Entries in this category are for the art, process, or job of filming motion picture photography.
- Copywriting - Entries in this category are for the writing of promotional text included in a film execution.
- Direction – Entries in this category are for the completed vision of the director and the work’s ability to exhibit creativity and innovation.
- Editing – Entries in this category are for the use of the art, technique, and practice of assembling shots into a coherent sequence.
- Music-Adapted – Entries in this category should include a commissioned re-working of an existing piece of material, be it public domain or licensed.
- Music-Licensed – Entries in this category should include music that has been used straight from the master recording. This can be edited but should not have been re-arranged.
- Music-Original – Entries in this category are for music tracks which have been commissioned and composed specially for the entry. This does not include arrangements of any sort, as that is covered by Music-Adapted. This also does not include any material that is in the public domain.
- Production Design – Entries in this category are for the overall aesthetic of the production design. This includes, but is not limited to set design, art direction, location build, props, lighting, styling, etc.
- Sound Design – Entries in this category are for the process of specifying, acquiring, manipulating, or generating audio elements included in video or motion graphics. It may include music as part of the sound design.
- Visual Effects – Entries in this category are for the processes by which imagery is created and/or manipulated outside the context of a live action shot.
Entry Fees: $50 (Single) | $75 (Campaign)
This medium type is eligible for campaign entries.
- Campaigns consist of 2-10 executions in the same medium and category.
- Cover Image (1)
- Execution Video (1)
- Case Board (1)
- Case Study Video (1)
- Supporting PDF (1)
- URL (up to 4) - Only available for the Production Design category
For details on the specific media requirements please see the Media Requirements section.
For judging purposes, please submit your entry in English. Non-English entries must be dubbed in English. In addition, you must also provide an English translation in the “English-Language Translation” box on the entry form.