- What is the eligibility period this year?
After having a two-year eligibility period in 2021, we are back to our normal eligibility window for this year, meaning that for Theatrical/Film, Television/Series, Home Entertainment and Games work, entries first appearing in public between June 1, 2021 - August 31, 2022 are eligible to be submitted.
However, since Live Entertainment was not included in the program last year, the eligibility period for Live Entertainment is for entries first appearing in public between August 31, 2019 - August 31, 2022.
- Have you changed your entry types from 2021?
Yes, in order to meet the changes in the entertainment industry, we have adapted our entry-types to better fit the shift in distribution (in theater vs. on a streaming platform). We’ve changed our past entry-types of television/streaming and theatrical to now be television/series and theatrical/film.
- Where should I enter my work?
Entries marketing a series should be entered in Television/Series and entries marketing a new feature-length film should be entered in Theatrical/Film, regardless of where the work premiered or is distributed.
Entries promoting a television network or streaming platform brand should be entered in Television/Series and entries promoting a movie studio or movie platform should be entered in Theatrical/Film.
The entry definitions for Home Entertainment, Games, and Live Entertainment remain the same. (See below)
- What are the 2022 entry type definitions?
- Theatrical/Film - This refers to any feature-length film. It includes any new film title that is released in theaters, at a film festival, or on a streaming service. This also refers to any entries promoting a movie studio or service.
- Television/Series - This refers to any television series or special televised program. It includes first-run or syndicated content released on either a television network or a streaming platform. It can also refer to podcasts and web series that are streamed online. This also includes any entries promoting a television network or streaming service brand.
- Home Entertainment - This refers to titles released for rental or purchase on Blu-ray/DVD or transactional video-on-demand or marketed as direct-to-consumer. This also refers to any entries promoting a movie studio, broadcast/ streaming network, or a legacy entertainment intellectual property (IP) for Home Entertainment purposes.
- Games - This refers to all games for sale, rent or subscription that are produced for consoles, handheld devices, mobile devices or online. This also refers to any entries promoting a publishing company, console company or a collection of games.
- Live Entertainment - This refers to any entries that promote a ticketed event for a live or virtual audience including, but not limited to theatre, performing arts, concerts, and festivals. This entry type also refers to any entries promoting a live entertainment organization or venue.